CEITAN/Early Start Program Goals: Improving Outcomes for Children with Special Needs and Their Families
As broadly defined by Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Part C, the goal of the Comprehensive System of Personnel Development is to provide the training and technical assistance necessary to ensure that a cadre of trained personnel exists to deliver services to children with special needs and their families. Early Start provides the framework for coordinating the statewide delivery of personnel development and technical assistance through pre-service preparation, in-service training, and technical assistance.
CEITAN—California Early Intervention Technical Assistance Network— supports the California Department of Developmental Services (DDS) in providing the training and technical assistance Early Start personnel need to serve the unique needs of children, birth to age 3, with developmental delays or disabilities through a variety of major projects:
- Development and implementation of an online training curriculum for direct service providers, administrators, and family support networks who work with infants and toddlers as defined by federal and state statutes.
- Facilitation of quality assurance activities.
- Development and implementation of online components of the five-year CSPD plan.
- Development and dissemination of public awareness materials statewide.
- Support related to meeting U.S. Department of Education Office of Special Education requests and requirements.
- Development and implementation of a statewide focused monitoring and reporting system.