User Guide: A Family Introduction to California Early Start
Description: This resource presents information about the Early Start program, including a very brief description of the referral, assessment, and planning processes. Links are provided to webpages and online directories for additional information about Early Start.
Format: Legal-sized (8.5 x 14 in.), full color trifold handout with QR codes linking to agency websites to provide viewers with additional information.
Who should receive this resource: Parents and other primary caregivers of children eligible or potentially eligible for Early Start.
Where to distribute this resource:
Early Start service coordinators:
- Directly to families during the Early Start intake process
- In outreach packets to primary referral sources (e.g., pediatricians, family practice physicians, child care providers)
Family resource center community outreach personnel:
- Public settings where families of young children may be reached:
- Community resource and information fairs
- Health care waiting rooms
- Childcare centers
- School communal areas
- Other public service office waiting areas (e.g., Social Security, WIC, Unemployment, DMV)
- Libraries, fitness centers, and other public spaces where families may congregate
- Information packets for local and state decision makers when educating them about issues of and services for families of children with or at risk for developmental delay or disability
Other Early Start partners:
- As attachments to emails to families
- As a downloadable resource on an agency or community website
Before distributing this resource:
- Add local regional center contact information to the top space and/or local Early Start family resource center to the second space in the middle column on page 1 of the PDF:
- Click on the form field in the PDF and type in the agency name, contact information, and/or name of a contact person; or
- Affix a label with the agency name, contact information, and/or contact person’s name in the space provided; or
- Use a pre-made rubber stamp to print the agency name, contact information, and/or contact person’s name in the space provided.
- If printing and folding manually:
- Print on legal-sized white paper
- With page 2 (side showing 3 steps) facing up,
- Fold right edge in to meet right edge of bottom-left photo. Baby’s face and “Why Early Start” will be showing.
- Fold left edge over to cover “Why Early Start” and reveal front of flyer.
- Printed: Chinese, English, Spanish, and Vietnamese, in quantities of 50
- Downloadable PDF: English, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified), Arabic, Korean, Russian, and Vietnamese, in quantities of 1
Download this user guide: User Guide – Family Introduction to Early Start